Site Inactive

Last Forum Posts

Ventrilo Status

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guardians of the Forsaken Woods Forum Index -> Taur-Ardh
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Silimaethuil
Leader

re: Role play fellowship

This is just a general overview to put forth some ideas on a kin related fellowship that would require a certain commitment which would be repaid with very different slant on the game. It would hopefully create a whole new set of game values with the emphasis on the world of Middle Earth, and on 6 friends facing the challenges encountered as a team. They would only play when on together and would always assume the role of their race and class.

The basic idea is to have a permanent fellowship group of all new characters who will only play with the group. Not concerned with leveling or maxing a class, nor crafting or loot. It is a different approach to playing LOTRO.

Being part of regular group each will learn to compliment and support each other according to class and race. The fellowship will as close as possible portray a group of people with a common goal similar to the ring fellowship. It will travel at a leisure pace enjoying the scenery while fulfilling its quest.

This group will only play occasionally as an alternative to standard game play. Each character role plays as follows: His race, class and his social standing/friendship within the fellowship.

Each member is a different class. After introduction at level 8 or so all will meet at an agreed location to form the first fellowship.
The fellowship make up is unique and once formed its makeup doesn’t vary.

All 6 must be present to quest & level. All members will wait until each has finalized any solo quests. Required class instances will be completed with the help of the whole group.

The point of the fellowship is to role play and bond as a group and in a sense create our own story as we go.

Since there are 9 classes available race doesn’t matter, but the group balance does matter ( dps, tank, debuff, heal etc.). Once chosen no switching, no duplicate classes. To save time crafts really have little part.

Leadership will be rotated between each member. The leader will make any decisions during that group session. Their will be no assigned leader.

Part of the role play and unique aspect of this group will be the interplay between its members. Each member should gravitate to a specific function as per their class. The fellowship will hopefully meld into a practical and mutual supporting whole.

Traveling should be leisurely limiting ports and stables when only necessary. Common sense in the group deployment to aid the reality of the roles played. For example a hunter at point in the forest, a burglar at other times, etc.

Loot would be shared equally. Upgrades costs would be shared. The group is to be as self sufficient as possible giving each member a chance to share and be share with.

Priorities:
Being your character according to race and class.
Bonding as a whole.
Concentrating on the world of Middle Earth.
Building a story from the groups adventures.
Have a quest and purpose for the fellowship.
Use the book quest as a guide.
Have an added reason for exploring.
Relax and enjoy with a casual pace.

Not priorities:
Leveling
Looting
Maxing out your class
Doing the books to get through the game as fast as possible.

The first group formed is a test group to see how everything works. If it goes well it will be available as a kin function for any who may wish to try something different. If it doesn't work it will be a learning experience. The test group is pretty much set up and i will post regularly on how its doing.

If anyone has any questions please contact me.
Taalwen

Sounds good Sili Happy looking forward to trying it out.
Rimenuir

This is probably one of the best ideas, this way we can all have fun as a whole. Although will we have to use Vent considering I cannot. I am excited to try out something new like this. So you can count me in.
Silimaethuil
Leader

re: Role play fellowship 1A

I have been researching Landroval & the LOTRO official roleplaying rules and policy. A dedicated server would be nice, but even then there are only 3 areas supported. And i personally think since this is a kin function it should stay on our server. But some of the offical LOTRO rules are worth considering.
The roleplaying name policy and some of the chat policies. I have also researched other kin webpages who roleplay such as the Rangers who have some good ideas.
I will put all the information and ideas i find here for everyones opinion soon.
I have been planning to put together a GFW sister kin simply to be able to buy another kin house. But it could possibly also be a kin for role play characters.
This is all still conjecture, and since it is GFW everyone has a say. If anyone has any ideas please pass them on.

Strength & Courage
Rimenuir

re: Role Play Fellowship

Sili, the thought of moving it to a RP server is actually a smart idea. Although I do agree we should keep it on our server it would be cool to do it on a RP server. Although I dont really care if it is or not, because like you said, "This is a kin function" we should keep it on our server.
S&C
~Rim
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Guardians of the Forsaken Woods Forum Index -> Taur-Ardh All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: